Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Proverbs 3:9 - 10


“Honor the Lord with your wealth and with the firstfruits of all your produce; then your barns will be filled with plenty, and your vats will be bursting with wine.” (Proverbs 3:9-10 ESV). Our verses are found in a section revealing the rewards of wisdom. Here is an expression of the results of honoring the Lord with our wealth. In our culture our wealth is from money we earn working or in some cases from investments or gain through sales. At the time these verses were written, much wealth was gained through agricultural activity and they were to honor the Lord with the first part of their harvest. If we honor the Lord with the first part of what he blesses us with, and not keep it for ourselves, then there is the promise of further blessing. However, that blessing may not be given in the form we are expecting. How he blesses us for our honoring him is his choice.

Prayer

Father, so often believers do not honor you as they should, only to lose what should have given, or even more, due to unwise choices, illnesses or even accidents. As I have given from my “wealth” I am amazed at how you have met my needs, even allowing me to teach Bible for so long in China. Even today you have blessed me with such good health, allowing me to further invest in kingdom work through prayer, gifts and disciple making through writing and posting Bible studies. Father, thank you for your love, faithfulness and work in my life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment