Friday, January 29, 2016

1 Corinthians 6:17


We are joined to the Lord when we are born again; the time when we become a new creature in Christ; the time when the Spirit comes to inhabit us and give us eternal life. As his Spirit permeates us we are absorbed into him and we become one; we become God-men one with God. But because of the power of sin in our lives, most believers are not living this out in their daily activities; we are not accurately finding and expressing our identity in him. We are to live the divine in our human life. As Paul said, "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" (Galatians 2:20 ESV). As God-men, we live but it is not us, but Christ living in us. In heaven we will live out this oneness perfectly. Jesus was truly God and truly man. We were not God like Jesus was, but we are God in men, a union that will exist for an eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment