Monday, April 11, 2016

Psalm 95:6 Worship


"Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker! For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand" (Psalm 95:6 - 7a ESV). The Lord called us by name and like being awakened from sleep we heard him and came. We are a people created by him in his image and as sheep he is our Shepherd. Because of his love, mercy and the kindness of his grace we come before him in humility to worship him for who he is and for all that he has done for us. As we come to worship, that worship is to be in spirit and in truth (John 4:23 - 24). Worship must involve both the heart and the mind. It must be real in the heart and must rest on a true perception of God. Jesus is truth so worship involves our knowledge of Jesus, but it is through Jesus that we obtain eternal life and become new creatures in Christ and as we are born again we are indwelt by the Spirit. With the Spirit in our heart and with the mind of Christ we are a people with strong affections for God rooted in truth, we kneel and bow down before the Lord our God our maker in worship. Only a child of God can truly worship and so as our relationship with Jesus grows our worship of God matures.

Prayer

O Lord, you are my God; I exalt you; I praise your name for you have done wonderful things, plans formed of old, faithful and sure. O God, who do I have in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but you remain the strength of my heart; you are mine forever. O Lord, you are my God; I earnestly search for you; my soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you. I have gazed upon your power and glory; your unfailing live is better than life itself; how I praise you. O Sovereign Lord, how great you are! There is no one like you! There is no one besides you. You are the rock, the foundation upon which my life rests. Lord, my heart rejoices in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment