Thursday, March 24, 2016

Psalm 103:1 - 2 Blessing


Normally the greater blesses the lesser, so what does it mean for us to bless one who is infinitely superior? We don't add anything to him when we bless him, we simply worship him as an appropriate response to his greatness and his love for us. Psalm 104:1 - 2 gives us an example: "Bless the Lord, O my soul! O Lord my God, you are very great! You are clothed with splendor and majesty, covering yourself with light as with a garment, stretching out the heavens like a tent" (ESV). Psalm 103 suggest that we should bless the Lord and his name with our whole being, keeping in mind all his benefits to us. When we bless and praise and acknowledge the Lord he is glorified. This is why he created us and so when we exalt him we are meeting a need that God has.

There are many songs using this phrase like this beautiful song.

Prayer

Father, I confess that I found this to be a difficult lesson to write, I realize that I spend much time in study and writing, but not enough time being quiet before you in an attitude of offering up a blessing. Father, help me overcome this deficit is my relationship with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment