Saturday, November 19, 2016

Memory Verses


Topical Memory System verses (from Navigators)

It was about 60 years ago when I walked from class to class at Michigan State University with little Navigator cards in my hand containing verses I was memorizing. I also worked on larger groups of verses, like the letter of 1 John. I am so thankful I did that because I still have them with me wherever I go.

The Topical Memory System from the Navigators contains 60 very basic and meaningful verses. When we memorize verses like these we often fail to consider the context from which they are found. I decided to do a write up of these verses and the context from which they were taken. Below is a table of the 60 verses, or verse sets, contained in the Navigators Topical Memory System and links to the descriptions.

Pack A: Live the New Life



Christ the Center
Obedience to Christ
The Word
Prayer
Fellowship
Witnessing



Pack B: Proclaim Christ



All Have Sinned
Sin’s Penalty
Christ Paid the Penalty
Salvation Not by Works
Must Receive Christ
Assurance of Salvation



Pack C: Rely on God’s Resources



His Spirit
His Strength
His Faithfulness
His Peace
His Provision
His Help in Temptation



Pack D: Be Christ’s Disciple



Put Christ First
Separate from the World
Be Steadfast
Serve Others
Give Generously
Develop World Vision



Pack E: Grow in Christlikeness



Love
Humility
Purity
Honesty
Faith
Good Works





No comments:

Post a Comment